Why is the project located where it is?
This site has been selected as it is ideal for a renewable energy development for the following reasons:
- Excellent exposure to South Australia’s world class wind resources
- Excellent transport access with minimal impact to local roads and excellent access to major roads
- Excellent complementary use of land with farming. Much of the site has steep and complex terrain and so is unsuitable for arable farming such as cereal cropping
- Excellent distance buffering (2km+) of wind turbines to the nearest non-involved neighbouring dwellings
- Very low environmental impacts – the site is almost completely devoid of trees and shrubs